Church was amazing today. I had a fab time in God’s presence. 😀 Danced till i had cramps. (still treating it). I was really glad i had the priviledge to attend such an amazing service. Everything was soo on point. The choristers and instrumentalists were well co-ordinated. Mrs Jumoke( head of choir) was just awesome! She did justice to the Praise and worship sessions especially the thanksgiving. God took total control. I was really happy i went. The highlight of the service was the sermon. The sermon was meant for me. I felt so connected like God was speaking to me through Pastor Ronke.
She spoke on the difference between knowing God and knowing about God. She said one can know God
1.By studying His word. Or
2. through revelations.
On the other hand, you know about God through the acquisition of knowledge e.g books, ministers of God e.t.c. And also through people’s experiences. She also highlighted some points;
1. When you know God your lifestyle will definately change.
2. Prayer doesn’t make you know God.
3. Fellowshiping will help you know God better than prayers (mind you, prayer is still very necessary! It’s importance can never be over-emphasised.)
4. Our prayers cannot force God to do anything for us. It’s only when we know Him,our prayers have a better chance of being answered. God is not a magician.
5. Knowing God requires sacrifices.
The benefits of knowing God are as follows;
1. It makes it easier for us to please Him.
2. We can do exploits for Him.
3. We will be able to recognize Him @ work and not run helter shelter when situations arises.
This sermon was an eye-opener for me especially as this is one of my new year resolutions.
Phew! What a sunday!
Praise + Worship + Sermon = Perfect.
I was extremely blessed. What a great way to start the new year 🙂